ravesearch

Sunday, December 26, 2010

XMRV Retrovirus and how it can make everyday tasks seem giant...

Today I have started blogging. I am sitting here designing the template and finding out what will I blog about. I thought about sticking to a theme like a blog about politics or one set subject. I poured over topics and ideas and then it hit me... A RANDOM BLOG!

And so here we go a random blog. Well, today I did nothing productive on a grand scale. I cleaned my kitchen, I cleaned the living room, and I played some games on my IPad. But, on a small scale to some that would be a grand thing. I am talking about those whom suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and those with the XMRV retrovirus.

A reto-virus that is highly infectious and is more than likely in our nation's blood supply. Its a debilitating  illness. According to the Whittemore Peterson Institute in Nevada, 95 percent of chronic fatigue patients in a recent study also had the XMRV retrovirus. I can not imagine something that leaves someone so fatigued and in such chronic pain they can not barely sit up in much less get of bed.  The link I have shared is an interview with Siobhan McElwee (see the extra info at the end of todays blog..) a dear friend and someone who has been diagnosed with the XMRV reto-virus.

It is a start to the media finally catching this and finally drawing attention to this infectious reto-virus. It is a trickle of information now but flood gates will open. So if you are wanting to know more read the links and watch the video I have included here today.

Happy web surfing and please come again soon.

To use the web addresses below copy and paste them into your browsers web bar.

http://www.mecfsforums.com/

This page linked below is an awesome site with a wealth of information and links to help support a very interesting socks project. I highly recommend it and support this..

http://www.sockit2mecfs.org

TODAYS EXTRA GOODIE ITEM

http://www.talkingfox.com/2010/12/giving-back/

This Siobhan's blog and she is also an amazing artist. I am a collector of her work and it is fab!! well, she is donating 100% of the proceeds from her art to the Whittmore Peterson Institute  to help advance funding for advanced research. Check her out and get some hot art and help a great cause... Like she says " C'mon you know you want to."

No comments: